Thursday 7 October 2010

Erm, Hi there...

OK, so I've dabbled in the blogosphere as a contributor to the PM blog, posted updates on a site-specific blog, joined Facebook, done the Twittery thingery, uploaded a few videos to YouTube; so now I suppose it's time to attempt a blog of my own.

This will either be a roaring success (who am I trying to kid?) or (far more likely!) suffer the fate of many blogs and be viewed infrequently, updated even less often, and attract b*gg*r all comments. Oh well.

So, I suppose you'll want to know all about me? For a start, you may have gathered my profile pic ain't me. There are precious few photos of me in existence, and I'm not exactly Mr. Universe (although, to be fair, I'm not exactly Mr. Blobby either!). Anyway, I figured Froggy there was more photogenic and attractive than me, so that's why he's up there.

OK, so now that's done with, who am I? Good question...
I'm 33 years old, am about 5'10" tall and 11.5 - 12 stone in weight (I'm sure my weight can't vary as much as my electronic scales claim it does!) my occupation involves working as part of a team maintaining and developing an electronic social care case recording system; plus writing user documentation for it and participating in the helpdesk duty rota. For fairly obvious reasons I can't really go into much more detail than that.

Socially, I'm a recluse. I only know a few people other than colleagues in the local area, and as I don't drink much, abhor loud music, and don't have a tremendous amount of disposable income, I'm not really 'in to' any kind of social scene. Besides which, I also dislike sport and pop music, like science and technology (although I'm not a fanboi for any particular technology - especially those produced by a certain fruity company), and retain a generally sceptical attitude towards politics.

So, what will I use this blog for? Goodness knows! Probably a bit of ranting about this'n'that, a bit of talking about places I've been, a bit of publishing responses to chain email games (e.g. fill in this survey, send it to ten people including the sender - publishing my responses here, they can be seen by those playing without clogging up mail servers!).

And finally, if you'd read through this (how brave and noble of you!), you may have garnered a hint as to why I chose that particular title for my blog. It's a phrase I've often used in introductions (and indeed, I've used it in my Twitter profile - which also explains my nickname for those curious as to the meaning of "mittfh").

Now, be off with you - find something more worthwhile to read - or, if you insist, leave some kind of comment below. It can't possibly make much less sense than this blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment